To keep it short: We only process your data to provide you with our services and our website. We do not sell it to anyone.
This notice provides you with information on how Arc Studio Pro (“we”) will process your personal data.
Purposes for which we process your data
We will process your personal data for registering your account, for contacting you in regard to our services, for providing you with our services, for enabling you to use all the features of our services, for billing purposes, for trouble-shooting purposes, for the development and improvement of our services, for providing you with our website and all its features and for creating user statistics in regard to the website. We receive personal data only from you or your web browser (e.g.: IP-address, name and version of your web browser, cookies etc). The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your personal data, we cannot provide you with our services and you could not use all features of our website.
Legal basis of the processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 6 (1) lit a of the GDPR (processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party). If you explicitly agreed to receiving our newsletter, we process name and email-address on the basis of your consent according to Article 6 (1) lit a GDPR. In regard to data we process when you visit our website the legal basis is Article 6 (1) lit f of the GDPR (processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests).
Transfer of your personal data
We use third party services in order to provide and improve our products. As part of that, we may transfer customer data to the following providers:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): We use AWS as our primary cloud host, meaning that most of our data processing happens on their infrastructure and most of your data is stored in their data centers. AWS is the market leader in cloud hosting and has strong provisions for privacy and data security in place (e.g. data centers are secured by professional security personnel, video surveillance and intrusion detection). You can read more here: https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/
- Google Drive: If you optionally choose to backup your data to Google Drive, we will save new versions of your script to a folder in your Google Drive cloud storage. (This feature is entirely optional and requires you to explicitly request us to do so.)
Transfer of your personal data to educational institutions
Some educational institutions might share a signup link with their students. If you sign up through such a link, we may share your email address and name with the educational institution that was provided said signup link in order to verify that you belong to that institution.
Publishing content and personal data
By default, we take great care to keep all your information 100% private. As an option, Arc Studio Pro allows you to share some of your data with others or to publish it on the internet, for your benefit of easier collaboration, should you choose to do so. E.g. you can give other people write access to your script, ask other people for feedback on (excerpts of) your script or comment on other people’s work. You may also (optionally) join writing groups where you can share your work and comment on other people’s work. When engaging with the public through our platform, we publish information you ask us to publish and may attribute this to your name. We aim to make it clear what information gets published as a result of any action – when in doubt, please contact email@example.com before engaging with public facing elements of the platform.
We keep your personal data only for as long as we reasonably consider necessary for achieving the purposes set out above and as is permissible under applicable law. We will, in any case, retain your personal data for as long as there are statutory retention obligations or potential legal claims are not yet time-barred. Your rights in connection with your personal data You have, among others, the right: (i) to check whether and what kind of personal data we hold about you and to request correction, supplementation or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or processed in non-compliance with applicable requirements, and (iii) to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, (iv) to know the identities of third parties to which your personal data are transferred, and (vii) to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Arc studio website (the “Site”) collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household or device (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- information collected as part of a clinical trial subject to the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (also known as the Common rule) pursuant to good clinical practice guidelines issued by the International Council for Harmonisation or pursuant to human subject protection requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, the Site has collected the following categories of Personal Information from its consumers within the last 12 months:
- A. Identifiers. This category includes a real name, alias, username, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, phone number, or other similar identifiers.
- B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). This category includes a name, telephone number, education, employment, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. This category includes age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- D. Commercial information. This category includes records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- E. Internet or other similar network activity. This category includes browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- F. Geolocation data. This category includes physical location or movements.
- G. Professional or employment-related information. This category includes current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- H. Inferences drawn from other personal information. This category includes profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your activities on our Site or in using our software applications.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site, products, and services.
- To create, protect, maintain and customize your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Site experience and provide you with relevant information.
- For research, testing, analysis, and product development, including to build and improve our Site, products, and services.
- To comply with applicable law, court order, or statutory regulations and to respond to law enforcement requests.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA. Also, if you submit feedback about your experience with our products and services, we may post that story on our Site or social media accounts, without identifying you by name or address.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties: Subsidiaries and affiliates. Contractors and service providers. Third parties with whom we partner to offer products, services and promotions to you.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the preceding 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collect from you and save, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request via email, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide as good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Exercise of free speech to ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise other rights under the law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: ATTN: Arc Studio Group 8306 Wilshire Blvd. #622, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice for free within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days and respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SALES OPT-OUT AND OPT-IN RIGHTS
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the Personal Information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by law, we will not:
Deny you goods or services. Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties. Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services. Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives allowed by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any such financial incentive will contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS- ‘SHINE THE LIGHT’ LAW
As a California customer, you also have the right to receive, once per year, free of charge, 1) the identity of any third party company to which we have disclosed your Personal Information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law for that company’s own direct marketing purpose; and 2) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed.
To request information under CCPA or Shine the Light law, please contact us at [Customer Service Email], the phone number or the mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email, phone number or mail address.
The effective date of this notice is November 1, 2020. Arc Studio reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the notice’s effective date.
Our contact details
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at any time:
Arc Studio Group, Inc
ATTN: Arc Studio Group
8306 Wilshire Blvd. #622,
Beverly Hills, CA 90211